MINERVA P. MOLON, MD, MPH, FPPA, CESO III
Department of Health Regional Office VIII
VISION FOR REGION VIII IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS:
HOME OF THE HEALTHIEST REGION
Being the healthiest region in the country may ot be ambitious, however the Department of Health Regional Office No. VIII, envision itself as a proactive steward and leader in health and its mission is to guarantee universal access to quality health care.
By being proactive, is managing situations by making things happen by preparing for possible future scenario. Being a steward, DOH- RO VIII is an organization that supervises health. As a leader, it guides the organization that provide directions through policy, regulations, and programs/projects technical expertise. It is committed to deliver quality health care.
There are three dimensions: First, is the Physical accessibility. This is understood as the availability of good health services within reasonable reach. Second is Financial affordability. This is a measure of people’s ability to pay services without financial hardship.Third, is Acceptability and culture friendly. This capture people’s willingness to seek services with no excuse.
For the next five years, it is envisioned to have a 50% reduction of MMR; it has sustained 15 IMR/100, 000; a 95% fully immunized children; 95% TB cure rates among the 6 provinces and a 95% household with potable water; and 95% household have water sealed toilets. We also acknowledge future reduction of malnutrition and teenage pregnancy for the better future of our children.
Above all these, let us join hands to strength our efforts in attaining by being the home of the healthiest region in the country and to make a significant contribution towards the quality of families, communities and the whole nation.
Good luck to all of us!
MINERVA PEREGRINO – MOLON, MD, MPH, FPPA, CESO III
Address: Cogon Road, San Jose, Tacloban City
Date of Birth: November 1, 1955
Marital Status: Married
Cellphone No.: (053) 323-5027
E-mail Address: email@example.com
As OIC-Director IV, Introduced to CHD-Caraga CSC-PRAISE as another incentives for the better-best performing CHD Staff and Personnel (2013).
Timely and appropriate composite disaster response teams sent to Zamboanga, Bohol and five teams to Tacloban City and Leyte (2013).
Terminated erring and slow implementing contractors of CHD Caraga HFEP Projects (2013).
- As Deputy QMR in CHD Eastern Visayas, had facilitated the ISO Certification with very minimal non-conformities (only three, and the lowest among CHDs) during the audit of the external auditors (2013).
- Conducted research on the “Profile of Behavioral and Psychiatric Disorders in Region 8”. This is a baseline date which would become the basis for funding support for the Community Based Mental Health Care Delivery in Region 8 (2013).
- Facilitated RDC endorsed health resolutions for endorsement to LGUs to support health program implementation (MNCHN, Red Orchid Award, “Kilos KontraBulate”) (2012).
- Had facilitated the conduct of Values Re-orientation to realign personal values with organizational values as part of organizational development in preparation for the ISO certification of CHD-EV (2012).
- As ARD in CHD-EV, had supported and strongly collaborated with LGU partners resulting to: Declaration of Region 8 as Malaria Free in 2010, CHD-EV as Red Orchids Awardee (2x), Region 8 as Falaria Free to be declared in 2013 but due to TYS it is awaiting its final schedule. Region 8 would be the first Region to be declared as Filaria Free. Limasawa Island as Rabies Free (2012) among others.
- Instituted Procurement Policies on Honorarium of BAC, TWGs, BAC Sec and improved procurement system (2011).
- Organized the Twining Management Structure of F16/F14 CHD Provincial TA Teams for 2009.
- Initiated in organizing two (2) Licensing Teams to inspect/monitor the Health Facilities in Region VIII in 2009.
- Prime Mover in the establishment of the Eastern Visayas Drug Rehabilitation Center (Salag Facility), 2004.
- Prime Mover in the establishment of the Acute Crisis Interventions Services for the Mentally Ill at the Schistosomiasis Hospital, 2001.
- Initiated the Regional Training on Psychiatric Emergency Management for Primary Health Care Providers, 2000
- Member of the National Technical Working Group (TWG) who formulated the National Mental Health Policy, 1999.
- Repair of the water system and air conditioning of the RHTC Facility and dormitory, using the Dormitory Income, 1999.